Shop Floor Talk

Shop Floor Talk (http://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fabrication (http://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   pipe spools (http://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26341)

flange jockey 08-22-2010 04:34 PM

pipe spools

5 Attachment(s)
well lads back again,i have tried for a while to get the pics together to show a spool start to finish i got a couple of chances recently so here we go. i was required to give johnny a hand, we were snowed under, lack of fitters. these pics show the initial fabrication .pic 3 shows a cross on the shop floor with the required set of what i know as a bend and break. from this line i came down 305 the dimensions of an 8" bend .next pic shows a square marked on each tang with the dimentions of an 8" bend ie 3 times 8 devided by 2 = 12" or in my case 305mm. placed on the vertical line at 305 down and where it touches the horozantal line. the last pic shows what you can do with a piece of string:D. there are some welds involved ill get to them later. this is harder to explain than i thought so i hope the pics go some way to explaining. f/j

Jim-TX 08-22-2010 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flange jockey (Post 374611)
this is harder to explain than i thought so i hope the pics go some way to explaining. f/j

We're watching...... keep going.;)

cutter 08-22-2010 06:54 PM

Yeah, what he said. I don't think you've ever started with the layout before, Alan.
44 views, 1 reply. :rolleyes: This is getting embarrassing.
I'll tilt the numbers. :)

brucew 08-22-2010 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim-TX (Post 374623)
We're watching...... keep going.;)

My vote doesn't count for much but I'm with JimTx. Looking forward to more.
Bruce

Pyro J 08-22-2010 07:27 PM

Cutter I was looking too but was going to let him "show a spool start to finish" as he said.

Showing a complete work of art takes time.:)

Scotts 08-22-2010 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutter (Post 374624)
Yeah, what he said. I don't think you've ever started with the layout before, Alan.
44 views, 1 reply. :rolleyes: This is getting embarrassing.
I'll tilt the numbers. :)

Anticipation,

Go Mr. Jockey, Now that we are over the shock of your drawing, :eek: we can begin the comments.:D

We love to see your work.

Scott

nctox 08-23-2010 06:49 AM

I think most of us who have viewed the post are just waiting for further explanation or description. I just didn't want to admit that I didn't understand what it was all about.:o

Ironman 08-23-2010 08:41 AM

Well Flange, I can already see one trick bend just before it goes through the cladding, coming off a 102 deg tilt. Do they custom make these bends for the job?

digger doug 08-23-2010 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flange jockey (Post 374611)
we were snowed under

Please refrain from using the dreaded SNOW word until February....

Seeing how I am starting (here in August) to layout my newest
snow plow design, in this heat.

A design that must be completed by thankgiving....sometimes
by halloween...

LW Hiway 08-23-2010 12:15 PM

Quote:

i was required to give johnny a hand, we were snowed under, lack of fitters.
FJ', is the shortage due to them being busy with other tasks or because there is a lack of manpower in that realm at your company or in the area?

Ahhhh..., a good set of knees, a cleanish smooth concrete floor, soap stone, a square, a handy piece of string, what else could a craftsman want or need to be happy. :)

Have a good one FJ'.