Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Machining

SFT Search:   

Old 06-02-2017, 08:49 AM

Oh trust me, I've done all of the above!

I was hoping it wouldn't be too bad, even my Northern Tool "Klutch" bandsaw was able to easily cut it even with the stock cheapie blade it came with.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...psf74bbe1w.jpg

Thanks for the info. I guess I shall see soon enough with the drilling.
Old 06-02-2017, 10:20 AM
Made From Scratch

If you have access to a belt grinder, stick a 36 grit 977 ceramic belt on there and run it at its top speed. Guaranteed to set your pants on fire

It really is a neat material, but it has its quirks.
Old 06-02-2017, 12:24 PM
Curmudgeon

Oscar, are you aware that you could do us all a favor & upload images like that very quickly using the Manage Attachments option of "upload from url"?

And please, just leave the thumbnail down there where it appears by default rather than tossing it into the text window with the ATTACH tags.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0617162035_zpsf74bbe1w.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	139653  

"Dr. Chandran, will I dream?"

I want to go home!
Old 06-02-2017, 07:26 PM

A lot of my pics are much much larger than the attachment size limit, so no that will not work for my pics. Thanks, but I guess this site isn't for me, as I sure ain't gonna resize every single pic I have stored just to be allowed to post it up. Thanks guys
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	fileerror.png
Views:	35
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	139655  
Old 06-02-2017, 10:41 PM
Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
A lot of my pics are much much larger than the attachment size limit, so no that will not work for my pics. Thanks, but I guess this site isn't for me, as I sure ain't gonna resize every single pic I have stored just to be allowed to post it up. Thanks guys
Ummm Oscar, please re-read what I said:

"Oscar, are you aware that you could do us all a favor & upload images like that very quickly using the Manage Attachments option of "upload from url"?

See the words, "do us all a favor"? Kindly recognize that I did not say, "You can't do that!"

I only do that with embedded images and especially when internet butterflies flutter by & paste in a canned thread of multiple embedded pictures with no separators & maybe two lines of text. That has actually happened, 43 large file pictures all bleeding together like a bad watercolor.

I admit I was asking that you consider using attachments. As a favor, out of the kindness of your very large heart. There actually is no rule prohibiting the kind of links you were posting.

But I will say this: if you want people to view the pictures in your links, I believe you'd be doing yourself a favor to attach them when you can because there are some people, such as myself, who don't care to follow links offsite to Photobucket or anywhere else. I will follow them if something arouses my curiosity but I generally do not.

Now all that being said, you must be hosting some really huge pictures over there because I just uploaded 2 meaningless photos close to 4 mb each & the software was able to attach them and compress them down to the 100kb range. It took maybe 20 seconds each but they attached.

So, maybe it's time to make a little change. That 100 kb limit was set partly because we were on a server where markttu hosted several businesses; we were trying to be considerate, you see.
But guess what? Now we own our own server, thanks to Walker & several other members who took it upon themselves to buy one through contributions.

Consequently, I made a little change to some file size limits that might accommodate your humongous pictures.

I would like you to do me another little favor.
Would you please try to upload that picture that caused you to get the "over the limit" error message and let's see if it passes muster now?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2015-07-03 15.45.14.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	139661   Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-07-03 15.45.04.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	139662  

"Dr. Chandran, will I dream?"

I want to go home!
Old 06-05-2017, 11:11 AM

Same exact file, same exact error. Keep in mind, this is from the "upload from URL". The picture is NOT a locally stored file, which would have no problem attaching through the "Upload file from your computer" portion of the tool.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	fileerror2.png
Views:	26
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	139690