Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Welding

JR Welding Tools
SFT Search:   

Old 08-19-2017, 07:19 AM
Elite Member

The Klutch 220si is a great little welder.. Really a lot more powerful then a typical 180 amp machine..Puts out over 170 amps on stick ,btw.. Has a super aluminum arc too. Cheap spool gun works very well. The 140si is quite powerful, but will take at least a 30 amp 120 volt circuit to see what it has.You could see about 170 amps + with good volts out of it. I measured it. Burns wire in like nobodies business.. Like the king of 120/240 volt machines
Thermal-arc 211i Had the 141i too.. The klutch machines are much easier to dial in then the Thermal-arc machines.. Arc starts are great too.. Like the old Sp-175 plus Lincolns were.. co2 welding is excellent on the Klutch machines too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	120 volt 140i.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	156.3 KB
ID:	140542  
Old 08-20-2017, 05:21 AM
Lord of the Minions

Quote:
You can get a big jump in duty cycle if you look at the Ironman 230...
For it's size and cost, it's a beast on a farm use basis.

Good friend Doug has one and I love to use it rather than lugging my 350P to his shop. Of course unless I'm doing SS or Al. for/on his Crawfish Boats and sorting rack/pans.

As far as duty cycle goes it was several years into using my 350P before I even heard the cooling fan come on. I thought something was wrong with the machine and startled me. Of course running multiple 20' 3/8" beads with .045" on 2" plate did the trick.

Collector of, shooter of and builder of "TightAir Guns".

I never thought I'd live long enough to become a grumpy old bastard. Here I am, killing it!