Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Mechanical & Electrical

SFT Search:   
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 12-10-2017, 04:16 PM
digr's Avatar
digr digr is online now
The Real Deal
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Duluth MN
Posts: 7,018
Default

I forgot to put O rings in the end caps.
__________________
Drawing by Smartdraw
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-10-2017, 05:31 PM
digger doug's Avatar
digger doug digger doug is offline
Not to be used as a Flotation Device
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NW Pa
Posts: 9,840
Default

I used to use the coats center post styles, we had one at the garage,
then my weld shop neighbors had one.


So I Bought one for myself.

I then bought a "May Tire-A-Matic" and like it much better.

You need to make the spindle rotate with a motor, and a little disc/wheel
for the bead breaking. Even thought mine has a double ended air cylinder
to bring in the bead breaking wheels, you could use a long lever
for the same purpose.

I posted the manual for it here on SFT.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-10-2017, 09:47 PM
Samcord Samcord is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Peoria
Posts: 1,693
Default

Looks like you could get by with single action, with a spring for the return.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-10-2017, 09:59 PM
Samcord Samcord is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Peoria
Posts: 1,693
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samcord View Post
Looks like you could get by with single action, with a spring for the return.


Oh yeah! You still need to vent the pressure for the return. Doh!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-10-2017, 10:03 PM
Samcord Samcord is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Peoria
Posts: 1,693
Default

Maybe this one?Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4691.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	142514
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-10-2017, 10:24 PM
milomilo's Avatar
milomilo milomilo is offline
Auction Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Wheatland, Wyoming
Posts: 12,136
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samcord View Post
Maybe this one?Attachment 142514
Looks like that valve would work. Saved the link. Thanks.
__________________
Chris

“In order to become the master, the politician poses as the servant.” Charles de Gaulle
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-10-2017, 10:31 PM
milomilo's Avatar
milomilo milomilo is offline
Auction Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Wheatland, Wyoming
Posts: 12,136
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
I used to use the coats center post styles, we had one at the garage,
then my weld shop neighbors had one.


So I Bought one for myself.

I then bought a "May Tire-A-Matic" and like it much better.

You need to make the spindle rotate with a motor, and a little disc/wheel
for the bead breaking. Even thought mine has a double ended air cylinder
to bring in the bead breaking wheels, you could use a long lever
for the same purpose.

I posted the manual for it here on SFT.
The Tire A Matic is similar to my Bishman. Neither will do small tires.
__________________
Chris

“In order to become the master, the politician poses as the servant.” Charles de Gaulle
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-12-2017, 03:32 PM
digger doug's Avatar
digger doug digger doug is offline
Not to be used as a Flotation Device
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NW Pa
Posts: 9,840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by milomilo View Post
The Tire A Matic is similar to my Bishman. Neither will do small tires.
I understand that completely.

The point I was trying to make (and you missed) was for you to MAKE YOUR OWN "Mini tire-a-matic".

The main point being the unique roller (or disc/wheel) bead breaker
along with the motorized center post.

Not anything at all like a normal center post style.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-12-2017, 06:41 PM
milomilo's Avatar
milomilo milomilo is offline
Auction Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Wheatland, Wyoming
Posts: 12,136
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
I understand that completely.

The point I was trying to make (and you missed) was for you to MAKE YOUR OWN "Mini tire-a-matic".

The main point being the unique roller (or disc/wheel) bead breaker
along with the motorized center post.

Not anything at all like a normal center post style.
I did see that, but I wanted the air operated cylinder function. This one will be able to do large tires as well as small tires.
__________________
Chris

“In order to become the master, the politician poses as the servant.” Charles de Gaulle
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-13-2017, 05:12 PM
milomilo's Avatar
milomilo milomilo is offline
Auction Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Wheatland, Wyoming
Posts: 12,136
Default

I am not having a lot of luck finding a 3' piece of 5" thin wall tubing for under $50. Anybody here got a chunk they want to sell?
__________________
Chris

“In order to become the master, the politician poses as the servant.” Charles de Gaulle
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Web Search:

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.