Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Shop & Safety

JR Welding Tools
SFT Search:   

Old 04-22-2017, 10:53 AM
Iron Modification Investigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim KS View Post
The OP'er must have sniffed too much of that great smelling smoke while welding galvanized scraps.
There is little doubt he was sniffing something, crazy glue I suspect.

Even duct tape can't fix stupid ... But it can muffle the sound. Attributed to Red Green
Old 04-22-2017, 11:48 AM
Chairman of the Headboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPNissen View Post
anyone have any other green practices for welding?
2 words, " Fuck You ! "

Im a little more direct than some..

That reminds me, I got about 80 used truck tires Ive been needing to burn, what day is earth day ?
Old 04-22-2017, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
It has to be non GMO leaves to work and mixed with melted snowflakes.
My better half just reminded me from across the room, that Uni-corn piss will work if you out off melted snowflakes.
Old 04-22-2017, 12:32 PM
Auction Addict

His mention of friction welding is not done in support of "Green". It is done because it is the most cost effective method. One of the fastest welds that can be done, except for explosion welding. I think he suggests that welders not keep a resource pile.

Loyalty to the Nation all the time, loyalty to the Government when it deserves it. Mark Twain
Old 04-22-2017, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milomilo View Post
His mention of friction welding is not done in support of "Green". It is done because it is the most cost effective method. One of the fastest welds that can be done, except for explosion welding. I think he suggests that welders not keep a resource pile.
All fuck sticks have one thing in common, motivation by greed, if you get down the bottom of it, that is what you always find, so look not for what he presents, but his means to end ( or who ever or what ever made that post ).

As far as environmental shit is concerned, I think the majority care about the earth and its environment, but you only hear from those with ulterior motives, using the environment as a means to and end, via Power and or Money, and at some point they are interchangeable.

Last edited by Windy_Acres; 04-22-2017 at 06:01 PM. Reason: speling ;)
Old 04-22-2017, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milomilo View Post
The actual welding may be quick, but there's a fair amount of setup time in explosion welding. And I doubt using large amounts of ANFO is very "green". Lol
Old 06-07-2017, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPNissen View Post
With Earth Day coming, I've been thinking lately about green, environmentally-friendly practices within the welding and metal fabrication industry.
I have been thinking as well. I am thinking you are a real bloody drongo if you believe that any industries involved in large scale welding are going to change to any of the practices mentioned. Like most greenies you know bugger all and proved it by linking to that absolute rubbish.

Companies 25 years back and more were thermally cutting steel with profile machines programmed with nesting programes that provided cutting with minimal waste. The big metal industries were recycling before you ever knew the meaning of the word. Each one of the processes you mention is a special application process cover a very narrow niche in the industry and not expandable across the general industry.

You contend that the welding industry is not conscious of the environment .wrong again.
We had machines 30 years back that sucked up toxic nickel based welding fume and scrubbed it and pumped out fresh air.

Secondly ,in this forum you are addressing mainly DIY and small industry folk who individually dont have the volume and therefore won't use expensive useless machines we will only ever see in the pages of the AWS magazine if we are lucky. Specialized machines for specialized work.

If seen your type here, before and you only come here to spam you own product( both times) not to help or advise anyone with their problem.Pack up your metal markers and piss off.

Have I been too subtle?
Oz
Old 06-07-2017, 07:50 AM
Da Chief

Earth day is always "coming", wait another 364 days.

I don't feed trolls, piss off.

RED

What I really need to know is, WHEN DOES THE SHOOTING START?
Old 06-07-2017, 09:28 AM
Director: Fish Seduction

First time I remember anything about Earth Day I was sitting in 7th or 8th grade science class. It was some basic form of biology if I remember correctly. We cut up dead shit, played with chicken eggs, and wondered if the rumors about the teacher having herpes was true. It was introduced as a day to paint a picture of the Earth and be grateful that we had someplace to live, to study, and to recreate. Much like thanksgiving day, we all celebrated what we liked about the planet and what it provided us.

It didn't take long for sure, and all the silly lil' girls used it as any other commercialized holiday. Had shirts and earrings, and all sorts of items they only wore for a week a year to tell us we needed to be thankful for Earth while highlighting their ability to accessorize. Quite a few of them carried on the tradition all the way through high school.

Now we're surrounded with it all the time. Recycle, renew, reuse... Don't do this, don't do that. People just quit giving a shit because Earth Day became every day. Traditions are only good when they stick to their designated week once a year. You eat a turkey sammich instead of spending all day baking a turkey dinner. Cranberry sauce? That can will sit there until November. You don't go out in the summer and cut down a tree to decorate your living room. Nor do you leave decorated eggs in the yard for the kids to find past a few hours. They get kinda gross afterwards.

I don't practice "green" anything. I'm thankful for it though. Green is a great fishing lure color. Grass is nice to take a nap in on a summer evening, and its presence keeps the dust down on windy days. Leaves shade the front porch when they're green but litter up the place any other color. I prefer orange tractors though, seems I spend too much time working on the green ones.

www.nfpd.us
Old 06-07-2017, 11:33 AM
trust but verify

The proper response to spam is reporting the post, not replying to it.

Thread should be deleted and OP banned for spamming.

I contacted the firm who employs him to remind them spamming is a bad idea because it's easy to ensure it backfires.

nissenmarkers.com is the company being spammed. Let's look out for more spam and flame the sh1te out of them for doing it.