Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Shop & Safety

SFT Search:   

Old 08-01-2017, 08:58 PM
Kibble King

Send a message via AIM to OldRedFord Send a message via Yahoo to OldRedFord

For what it's worth I could get a entire pole barn "kit" from the local metal roofing place. 40x80x14 $13,000

Don't know of any oil field stuffing Georgia.

Chicken houses are a option. Most of the ones around here have eight foot walls.

I was approched by a guy who had bought five chicken houses to take down. Just under 40' wide and 200' long. His deal was if I helped him take down two houses, I could have the other three in exchange.

I would have been all over that except finding people I could count on to show up and work would have been a problem.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:06 PM
Why, Hell Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRedFord View Post
For what it's worth I could get a entire pole barn "kit" from the local metal roofing place. 40x80x14 $13,000

Don't know of any oil field stuffing Georgia.

Chicken houses are a option. Most of the ones around here have eight foot walls.

I was approched by a guy who had bought five chicken houses to take down. Just under 40' wide and 200' long. His deal was if I helped him take down two houses, I could have the other three in exchange.

I would have been all over that except finding people I could count on to show up and work would have been a problem.
The chicken houses i have seen have real wimpy truss systems and they have huge spacing between the trusses.
I looked into them way back when i was first building a shop,and i have friends here in Ga with chicken houses,not what i would be looking at.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:09 PM
Why, Hell Yes!

I did just buy 2 pole barn kits,24x48x14,$7200 for both.
I put them on some beach property i have down in Port St Joe Fl,for RV parking.
They have wind load calcs done and all that to pass floridas codes.
I did add some bracing,bracing is cheaper than insurance.
Old 08-27-2017, 11:06 PM
Kibble King

Send a message via AIM to OldRedFord Send a message via Yahoo to OldRedFord

I hate the fact that in GA one can not install your own septic tank and drain field. I'm plenty capable of running a backhoe or excavator and know that shit runs down hill. Tanks aren't that terribly expensive and with guidence I could install the drain field too.

Obviously I can't drill a water well.

I have no real desire to pour a large slab of concrete by myself either. However I would build the forms and do the prep work and lay rebar myself to keep the cost down.

Guess it would be best to call a few local companies and maybe they can give me a ballpark figure.

I've gotten a few quotes on a steel building 40x100x14 size. Figured I'd start at the high end of the building size. $25,000-30,000 for a building that size.

I would be putting the building up my self. I've also killed the idea of a shop wide bridge crane and think a forklift would be better in the long run. Both for erection and use around my shop. I have a friend who sells, rents, and repairs forklifts and scissor lifts so when the time comes I'll be talking to him about a lift.