Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Shop & Safety

Canaweld
SFT Search:   
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-19-2016, 09:59 PM
toprecycler's Avatar
toprecycler toprecycler is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Petoskey, Michigan
Posts: 1,994
Default

Some Good stuff! Coworker picked this up at the paint store. Designed for oil based paints. Cleaned paint off my hands with a little scrubbing. Works great on greasy hands too, I hear. Much better than the go jo we have been using. Seemed a little expensive, so save it for the really dirty hands. I think it might be $10-15 but not exactly sure. Brian
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2962730218.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	136701   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-447943027.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	136702   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-213582651.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	136703  
__________________
Brian

You don't know what you don't know.

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." John Wooden

Last edited by toprecycler; 11-19-2016 at 10:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-19-2016, 11:07 PM
milomilo's Avatar
milomilo milomilo is offline
Auction Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Wheatland, Wyoming
Posts: 10,890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toprecycler View Post
Some Good stuff! Coworker picked this up at the paint store. Designed for oil based paints. Cleaned paint off my hands with a little scrubbing. Works great on greasy hands too, I hear. Much better than the go jo we have been using. Seemed a little expensive, so save it for the really dirty hands. I think it might be $10-15 but not exactly sure. Brian
Do you use the go-jo with pumice? It seems to work on most anything. Works good on cleaning old wood for as a prep for refinishing. Just use the go-jo without the pumice.
__________________
Chris

Loyalty to the Nation all the time, loyalty to the Government when it deserves it. Mark Twain
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-20-2016, 09:34 AM
platypus20's Avatar
platypus20 platypus20 is offline
Boiler God
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: camillus, ny (syracuse)
Posts: 8,802
Default

The best hand cleaner, I've ever used is Presto Liquid Hand Cleaner, from one of my customers, Baum's Catorine, in Rome, NY.

Eats right through greasy slimy soot and greases and oils.

http://baumscastorine.com/detail.asp?key=515&class=436
__________________
jack
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-20-2016, 10:23 AM
USMCPOP's Avatar
USMCPOP USMCPOP is offline
Gold Star Dad
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Richmond, VA area
Posts: 11,071
Default

I've seen a lot of recommendations for various Kresto hand cleaner products.
__________________
USMCPOP
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-20-2016, 11:23 AM
cutter's Avatar
cutter cutter is offline
Curmudgeon
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Lubbock,Texas
Posts: 31,320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by platypus20 View Post
The best hand cleaner, I've ever used is Presto Liquid Hand Cleaner, from one of my customers, Baum's Catorine, in Rome, NY.

Eats right through greasy slimy soot and greases and oils.

http://baumscastorine.com/detail.asp?key=515&class=436
I bet that stuff will even get harness black off your hands.
__________________
cutter
Housekeeping Staff
Director of Policy, Syntax and Grammar (by appointment)

If Ă˜bama had a son he'd look like Mohammod Abdulazeez.

Let them eat hope.

"Dr. Chandran, will I dream?"

Janet Reno killed more children at Waco with Bill Clinton's permission than Adam Lanza killed at Sandy Hook.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-20-2016, 12:11 PM
Windy_Acres's Avatar
Windy_Acres Windy_Acres is offline
Chairman of the Headboard
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 5,531
Default

Guys ever tried gloves ? You do realize that allot of this shit makes it through your skin and into your body.

There is a reason, they are building oncology centers outside of hospitals everywhere.

If I do have to use hand cleaners, I wash my hands with dawn dish soap to get the hand cleaner residue off my skin. Food for thought, if you like your prostate, or want to keep it or your life. Yeah, I know, Im paranoid, bla, bla, bla.

Ive been reading articles in trade rags for 30 years now about industrial fluids and absorption through the skin.

Originally I think the topic was addressed due to so many mechanics dieing at a young age.

At the very least food for thought.

On topic, I use " Mopar " branded hand cleaner, only because I was at a dodge dealer sale, and bought 3 cases of the crap for next to nothing. Its allot like go-go with pumice. Rarely use it, but it works well. Instead I go through cases of nitrile gloves, glaziers gloves, mechanics gloves, etc.
__________________
Whiskey bottles, and brand new cars, Oak tree you're in my way....
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-20-2016, 12:52 PM
USMCPOP's Avatar
USMCPOP USMCPOP is offline
Gold Star Dad
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Richmond, VA area
Posts: 11,071
Default

You can save a good bit on that expensive hand cleaner if you wipe your hands on the shirt tail of the guy in front of you first.
__________________
USMCPOP
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-20-2016, 12:56 PM
toprecycler's Avatar
toprecycler toprecycler is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Petoskey, Michigan
Posts: 1,994
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy_Acres View Post
Guys ever tried gloves ? You do realize that allot of this shit makes it through your skin and into your body. There is a reason, they are building oncology centers outside of hospitals everywhere. If I do have to use hand cleaners, I wash my hands with dawn dish soap to get the hand cleaner residue off my skin. Food for thought, if you like your prostate, or want to keep it or your life. Yeah, I know, Im paranoid, bla, bla, bla. Ive been reading articles in trade rags for 30 years now about industrial fluids and absorption through the skin. Originally I think the topic was addressed due to so many mechanics dieing at a young age. At the very least food for thought. On topic, I use " Mopar " branded hand cleaner, only because I was at a dodge dealer sale, and bought 3 cases of the crap for next to nothing. Its allot like go-go with pumice. Rarely use it, but it works well. Instead I go through cases of nitrile gloves, glaziers gloves, mechanics gloves, etc.
Funny you mention that. I asked the boss to pick up a box of nitrile glove at the paint store and of course he brought back the cheapest ones. I had a pair on but they tore so easy I just took them off. Then got sidetracked and forgot to put on another pair. Of course, you probably would really chastise me for not having a respirator on inside while co worker was painting too. I know better, but don't follow most of the what I really should for safety options.

Sent from my iPod touch using SFT
__________________
Brian

You don't know what you don't know.

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." John Wooden
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-20-2016, 01:10 PM
platypus20's Avatar
platypus20 platypus20 is offline
Boiler God
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: camillus, ny (syracuse)
Posts: 8,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutter View Post
I bet that stuff will even get harness black off your hands.

yes it will, I can also pick up my 5 gallon pail of Witch Hazel, when I pick up the hand soap.
__________________
jack
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-20-2016, 02:29 PM
Windy_Acres's Avatar
Windy_Acres Windy_Acres is offline
Chairman of the Headboard
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 5,531
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toprecycler View Post
Funny you mention that. I asked the boss to pick up a box of nitrile glove at the paint store and of course he brought back the cheapest ones. I had a pair on but they tore so easy I just took them off. Then got sidetracked and forgot to put on another pair. Of course, you probably would really chastise me for not having a respirator on inside while co worker was painting too. I know better, but don't follow most of the what I really should for safety options.

Sent from my iPod touch using SFT
There are now an almost endless number of nitrile gloves on the market, Ive tried some from Gemplers, that are almost not disposable, they are so thick ( and overpriced ).

Ive been using them since the 80s, back when you bought, exam gloves by the case, over the phone, at the time, it was the only way I knew to find them.

Now they are everywhere. Costco has a decent cheap glove, but I still use medical exam gloves. I get mine from a Vet supply house mostly.
__________________
Whiskey bottles, and brand new cars, Oak tree you're in my way....
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Web Search:

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.