Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Shop & Safety

Canaweld
SFT Search:   

Old 11-19-2016, 09:59 PM
Elite Member

Some Good stuff! Coworker picked this up at the paint store. Designed for oil based paints. Cleaned paint off my hands with a little scrubbing. Works great on greasy hands too, I hear. Much better than the go jo we have been using. Seemed a little expensive, so save it for the really dirty hands. I think it might be $10-15 but not exactly sure. Brian
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2962730218.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	136701   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-447943027.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	136702   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-213582651.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	136703  

You don't know what you don't know.

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." John Wooden

Last edited by toprecycler; 11-19-2016 at 10:06 PM.
Old 11-19-2016, 11:07 PM
Auction Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by toprecycler View Post
Some Good stuff! Coworker picked this up at the paint store. Designed for oil based paints. Cleaned paint off my hands with a little scrubbing. Works great on greasy hands too, I hear. Much better than the go jo we have been using. Seemed a little expensive, so save it for the really dirty hands. I think it might be $10-15 but not exactly sure. Brian
Do you use the go-jo with pumice? It seems to work on most anything. Works good on cleaning old wood for as a prep for refinishing. Just use the go-jo without the pumice.

Loyalty to the Nation all the time, loyalty to the Government when it deserves it. Mark Twain
Old 11-20-2016, 09:34 AM
Boiler God

The best hand cleaner, I've ever used is Presto Liquid Hand Cleaner, from one of my customers, Baum's Catorine, in Rome, NY.

Eats right through greasy slimy soot and greases and oils.

http://baumscastorine.com/detail.asp?key=515&class=436
Old 11-20-2016, 10:23 AM
Gold Star Dad

I've seen a lot of recommendations for various Kresto hand cleaner products.
Old 11-20-2016, 11:23 AM
Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by platypus20 View Post
The best hand cleaner, I've ever used is Presto Liquid Hand Cleaner, from one of my customers, Baum's Catorine, in Rome, NY.

Eats right through greasy slimy soot and greases and oils.

http://baumscastorine.com/detail.asp?key=515&class=436
I bet that stuff will even get harness black off your hands.

If Ă˜bama had a son he'd look like Mohammod Abdulazeez.

Let them eat hope.

"Dr. Chandran, will I dream?"

Janet Reno killed more children at Waco with Bill Clinton's permission than Adam Lanza killed at Sandy Hook.
Old 11-20-2016, 12:11 PM
Chairman of the Headboard

Guys ever tried gloves ? You do realize that allot of this shit makes it through your skin and into your body.

There is a reason, they are building oncology centers outside of hospitals everywhere.

If I do have to use hand cleaners, I wash my hands with dawn dish soap to get the hand cleaner residue off my skin. Food for thought, if you like your prostate, or want to keep it or your life. Yeah, I know, Im paranoid, bla, bla, bla.

Ive been reading articles in trade rags for 30 years now about industrial fluids and absorption through the skin.

Originally I think the topic was addressed due to so many mechanics dieing at a young age.

At the very least food for thought.

On topic, I use " Mopar " branded hand cleaner, only because I was at a dodge dealer sale, and bought 3 cases of the crap for next to nothing. Its allot like go-go with pumice. Rarely use it, but it works well. Instead I go through cases of nitrile gloves, glaziers gloves, mechanics gloves, etc.
Old 11-20-2016, 12:52 PM
Gold Star Dad

You can save a good bit on that expensive hand cleaner if you wipe your hands on the shirt tail of the guy in front of you first.
Old 11-20-2016, 12:56 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy_Acres View Post
Guys ever tried gloves ? You do realize that allot of this shit makes it through your skin and into your body. There is a reason, they are building oncology centers outside of hospitals everywhere. If I do have to use hand cleaners, I wash my hands with dawn dish soap to get the hand cleaner residue off my skin. Food for thought, if you like your prostate, or want to keep it or your life. Yeah, I know, Im paranoid, bla, bla, bla. Ive been reading articles in trade rags for 30 years now about industrial fluids and absorption through the skin. Originally I think the topic was addressed due to so many mechanics dieing at a young age. At the very least food for thought. On topic, I use " Mopar " branded hand cleaner, only because I was at a dodge dealer sale, and bought 3 cases of the crap for next to nothing. Its allot like go-go with pumice. Rarely use it, but it works well. Instead I go through cases of nitrile gloves, glaziers gloves, mechanics gloves, etc.
Funny you mention that. I asked the boss to pick up a box of nitrile glove at the paint store and of course he brought back the cheapest ones. I had a pair on but they tore so easy I just took them off. Then got sidetracked and forgot to put on another pair. Of course, you probably would really chastise me for not having a respirator on inside while co worker was painting too. I know better, but don't follow most of the what I really should for safety options.

Sent from my iPod touch using SFT

You don't know what you don't know.

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." John Wooden
Old 11-20-2016, 01:10 PM
Boiler God

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutter View Post
I bet that stuff will even get harness black off your hands.

yes it will, I can also pick up my 5 gallon pail of Witch Hazel, when I pick up the hand soap.
Old 11-20-2016, 02:29 PM
Chairman of the Headboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by toprecycler View Post
Funny you mention that. I asked the boss to pick up a box of nitrile glove at the paint store and of course he brought back the cheapest ones. I had a pair on but they tore so easy I just took them off. Then got sidetracked and forgot to put on another pair. Of course, you probably would really chastise me for not having a respirator on inside while co worker was painting too. I know better, but don't follow most of the what I really should for safety options.

Sent from my iPod touch using SFT
There are now an almost endless number of nitrile gloves on the market, Ive tried some from Gemplers, that are almost not disposable, they are so thick ( and overpriced ).

Ive been using them since the 80s, back when you bought, exam gloves by the case, over the phone, at the time, it was the only way I knew to find them.

Now they are everywhere. Costco has a decent cheap glove, but I still use medical exam gloves. I get mine from a Vet supply house mostly.