Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Mechanical & Electrical

SFT Search:   

Old 03-22-2017, 02:09 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBFab View Post
I guess I'm not with the majority. I'm not a big fan of Stihl, they do seem to have a sort of cult following though. I love my Jonsered 670 champ. I did buy a Husqvarna 372xp last year - so far a nice saw. My buddy had Dolmar's when we were growing up. They were decent saws once you got them warmed up, but they were some cold blooded bitches.

I drool every time I see a 372. I am too cheap to pull the trigger however. If it was something I made money with I would.

My wife's cousin got a screaming deal on a near new 395 but I have not seen it yet.

I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.--Red Green

Home is where the G91G28X0Y0 is.
Old 03-22-2017, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milomilo View Post
My Echo chainsaw is 37 years old and is now requiring too much tuning every other time I use it. So in the market for a new saw. Am considering the Husqvarna 450 20" 50.2cc. I can get one for $322.99 shipped to my door.

My use is minimal, since the only wood I cut is for the shop wood stove. What you all think about this saw?
Good saw , I had a Husky 460 with a 18" bar but downsized to a 445 / 16" bar - plenty for trail clearing on my atv .
I would downsize to a 18" bar - how many huge logs are you cutting ?
Old 03-23-2017, 06:50 AM
Director of Languages

I have a 460 rancher, when it works I love it. has a great power to weight to price ratio.

It was great for a few years, I only use it a couple of days every winter to be honest I only burn four or five cubic metres a year.

but in the past few years it'd break your heart with hot running issues. It's been to three different "experts" at this stage, all reccomended as guys that can sort things others cant. It's better now than it was but will still lose power when hot. you'd nearly run a tank through it now before it suffers.

I know I probably got a monday morning saw but it's still annoying as hell.

If I was buying a saw in the same class in the morning to replace it I think I'd go echo, the warranty is hard to beat.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:36 AM

Just for grins, has anybody read the saga of modified Earthquake saws on Arboristsite?

I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.--Red Green

Home is where the G91G28X0Y0 is.