Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Fabrication

Canaweld
SFT Search:   

Old 08-26-2016, 06:26 PM
That HURT!

Figured I'd better update this saga. Trevor sold the body with the generator and light towers to a re-seller. He dropped the truck off and they took the body off and gave him a check.

Trevor listed the engine and trans on CL and tonight a guy from Chile shows up with cash for the motor and trans. The bad thing is that he will be back tomorrow afternoon to pick it up and Trevor is working 7pm-7am shift as a police officer, so guess what I'll be doing tonight and tomorrow.

The Sami body is back from paint and the assembly is moving along (although it is at a snails pace). I'll get some pics of both projects, but it might be a while as I'm getting ready to go on a two week vacation. That's if I survive this last minute engine pull.
Old 08-28-2016, 01:54 PM
That HURT!

Got the motor out and the guy shows up at 8:30 last night. I loaded it is his truck and he was gone in a flash. He already had 4 transmissions in the back of the truck.

I'm sitting here in the airport waiting for my flight and I just got off the phone with Trevor and he is assuring me that his Sami will be running by the time I get home, I can almost certainly be sure that ain't gonna happen. He may surprise me though.

Sent from my iPhone using SFT
Old 08-28-2016, 02:35 PM
Auction Addict

Kids are some times disappointing and some times the best you can hope for. If it was all smiles all the time you would wonder whose kid it was.

Loyalty to the Nation all the time, loyalty to the Government when it deserves it. Mark Twain
Old 10-03-2016, 07:59 AM
That HURT!

I'm off from work today so I have time to update some of the things going on in the shop.

Trevor said that he would have his Sami running by the time I got back from vacation and I've been home almost a month and it's still not running. I'm not surprised but I'm pretty happy with the attention to detail he's putting into this car.

The body is painted and on the chassis and he well into final assembly. He bought some nice seats out of 300Z and is spending a bunch of time making up brackets that adapt the new seats to the original mounting points on the Sami. He got a kit that mates a Harley Davidson CV carburetor to the Suzuki intake manifold, I'm waiting patiently to hear it run.

The fire truck is stripped of everything that was sold and Trevor has not touched it, although yesterday he did go to look at a Cummins engine for it. I've got to give a special thanks to Smokin Dodge for guiding Trevor on an engine. With Neil's guidance, Trevor walked away from a used engine yesterday that I'm sure he would have bought if it weren't for Neil's advice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	135897   Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	135898   Click image for larger version

Name:	003.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	135899   Click image for larger version

Name:	004.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	135900   Click image for larger version

Name:	005.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	135901  

Old 10-14-2016, 01:53 PM

Looking great.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:33 AM
That HURT!

Trevor finally finished his Sami and I'm really happy with the level of work he did on it, it's almost show quality. I don't have any pics of the finished car but Trevor has some nice pics in his build thread if anyone is interested.It only took 2 years to complete.

http://bbs.zuwharrie.com/content?topic=132305.0
Old 03-20-2017, 10:53 AM
Chairman of the Headboard

Looks sweet ! wish I could complete something in 2 years