Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Welding

JR Welding Tools
SFT Search:   

Old 04-19-2017, 05:17 PM
Boiler God

The test was nothing less than stellar, great cuts, good felling torch and well thought out controls. I've decided to get rid of the PM 30 and go for the PM 45 XP, I have about 3 people waiting for the PM 30 to go on the block, a sellers dream, a possible bidding war.

We worked out a purchase deal, I will get the unit in early June, to get an additional 15% off (company volume buying discounts). As I have multiple other Hypertherms, the extra discount is worth the wait.
Old 04-19-2017, 05:36 PM

Default Hypertherm service

Currently own 5 Hypertherm machines and of the 10 or so I've had experience with only one had an issue and Hypertherm was excellent to deal with solving the problem.
Ranger
300/300 tig
Old 04-20-2017, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel749 View Post
Currently own 5 Hypertherm machines and of the 10 or so I've had experience with only one had an issue and Hypertherm was excellent to deal with solving the problem.
Well, I am just leaving Airgas now. They had another brand new torch on hand so we put that into unit and the error code immediately disappeared. I can't complain too much considering how low I talked them down on the price when I bought it. Hopefully tomorrow the weather is back to being decent and I can finally cut something.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:35 PM

Hi,
Good deal!

Without a Plasma Cutter you are really dead if you want to fabricate, using thicker metal!

I have projects in line that I'm needing to cut 3/4" to 1" steel and the 45 will handle that...

No problem!!!
May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
Old 04-22-2017, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagiant View Post
Hi,
Good deal!

Without a Plasma Cutter you are really dead if you want to fabricate, using thicker metal!

I have projects in line that I'm needing to cut 3/4" to 1" steel and the 45 will handle that...

No problem!!!
Well, I spent a decent chunk of yesterday making cuts I needed as well as a few cuts I didn't need but wanted to try. The thickest piece I tried cutting was 5/8" thick but I made a cut in it. I think the thinnest was around 12#. It was night and day over the little Hobart machine that "cuts" up to ¼" that I had been using before. I would say the little Hobart struggled to make a 36" long cut in 5/32" steel and took about 10 minutes vs. the Hypertherm PM 65 made the cut in under 1 minute and left an almost pristine edge. I guess that is the difference in a machine that is almost 4× as expensive.
Old 04-22-2017, 05:09 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf6LnpCJ52M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTGpyYqR32k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqwUGUWxQZs
May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams

Last edited by seagiant; 04-22-2017 at 05:27 PM.